YOUR ULTIMATE SEA CHANGE IS HERE
Come for the experience, fall in love with the people and the lifestyle, stay for a lifetime.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Galangoor Duwalami Primary Healthcare Service is seeking a General Practitioner to join us in creating Healthy Living, Healthy Communities and a Healthy Future on Queensland’s fabulous Fraser Coast.
A rare and rewarding opportunity awaits you to work in Aboriginal Health at an innovative Aboriginal Medical Service (AMS) with a multi-skilled and experienced team and growing client group.
Imagine being able to put your medical skills and expertise to work within a modern practice, only minutes from beautiful beaches and in one of the most desirable places to live in Australia.
If you’re in search of a more flexible and liveable lifestyle and looking to relocate, or maybe a local GP keen to make a change – we should talk.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Galangoor provides a comprehensive suite of Primary Healthcare Services with a wraparound approach to addressing Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health and social inequities.
You’ll be joining our two doctors and friendly and supportive inter-disciplinary team, to deliver primary healthcare services with a focus on preventative medical care and linking clients with ongoing support services.
You will have the full support of three Aboriginal Health Practitioners and a growing team of Aboriginal Health Workers, as well as other nursing and allied health staff.
Consider all that’s on offer…
• An attractive and highly competitive base salary of $250,000 p.a.
• Salary packaging.
• 9.5% Superannuation Entitlement.
• Annual Leave and Study Leave.
• Flexible arrangements – Full-time or part-time.
• Locum relief.
• No on-call requirements.
• A high staff to GP ratio.
• Best Practice standards in management, service, equipment and technology.
• Unique and engaging professional development opportunities.
• Car parking onsite.
You’ll also have the opportunity to:
– Provide clinical leadership across the spectrum of our clinical services.
– Promote continuous improvement of high-quality service delivery models.
– Contribute advice to support the development of Galangoor’s medical workforce.
– Explore opportunities to develop into supervisory/teaching roles.
In return we offer a fulfilling career move, relaxed lifestyle and a chance to genuinely make the position your own.
ABOUT THE BENEFITS
This role offers everything you could want and nothing you don’t, maximising your ability to have a healthy work/life balance and soak up the idyllic environment and close sense of community that only a regional area like the Fraser Coast has to offer.
• A working environment second-to-none.
• Flexibility in how, when and where you work.
• No emergency, after hours or on call work.
• Exposure to diverse clinical practice.
• More client interaction.
• A voice in effectively shaping medical processes.
• Stability and security of a well-established practice in an area of strong population growth.
• No peak hour, traffic jams or lengthy daily commutes.
• Safe and supportive community.
• Great coffee and a vibrant mix of eateries.
• World-class schools and university campuses.
• Extensive childcare, sporting and leisure facilities.
• Attractive social, networking and employment opportunities.
Are you compassionate, a good communicator, thorough and visionary?
Are you interested in varied clinical work and passionate about continuity of patient care?
Are you committed to improving the health and wellbeing outcomes of the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community?
Are you eager to be part of dynamic, team-based medicine?
Then you could be just the person we’re looking for.
• Vocationally registered or RACGP fellowship.
• Current unrestricted APHRA registration.
• Eligibility for an unrestricted Medicare Care Provider Number.
Would be nice:
• Accreditation as a GP Registrar Supervisor or eligible for same.
• Experience with Chronic Disease Management.
• A background in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health.
YOUR NEXT STEPS…
1. Put yourself in this picture – https://youtu.be/Cuoiygwi2SI
2. Check out this GMT Registrar link – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfgODlKEfR8
3. Contact us to discuss this exciting opportunity or apply now!
Call Ann Woolcock – Health Services Manager on 0741 840 071
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
About Galangoor Duwalami Primary Healthcare Service
Galangoor Duwalami means “Good Meeting Place” and that’s exactly what our clinics in Hervey Bay and Maryborough provide. A place where the region’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community can access a comprehensive suite of quality Primary Healthcare Services to fit all ages and stages of their health journey.
As a Community Controlled medical service established in 2007 and Queensland’s second largest AMS, Galangoor has two newly purpose-built clinics in Hervey Bay and Maryborough that offer exceptional facilities and are only 30 minutes apart. Our Hervey Bay clinic is centrally located in one of the city’s busiest shopping precincts, while the Maryborough clinic is situated in the heart of the Heritage City.
ABOUT THE AREA
The Fraser Coast is the perfect blend of coastal resort meets country serenity. Ideally situated in Queensland’s south east corner, the superb natural surrounds provide plentiful opportunities for outdoor and aquatic activities. The climate is mild, and the shopping, dining, festivals and events are plentiful. And Brisbane is a 50-minute daily flight or easy road or rail trip away.
The toughest choice you’ll face is whether to live in Hervey Bay with its kilometres of golden beaches, safe swimming, whale watching and World Heritage Listed Fraser Island (K’Gari) on its doorstep. Or surrounded by Maryborough’s riverside parks and heritage streetscapes, steeped in history mixed with an artistic vibe.