Southern Forests Medical Centre (Manjimup) is seeking a full-time VR general practitioner to join their team. Established in 2015, we have recently moved to a modern, purpose-built surgery in the CBD. It has 6 consulting rooms, on-site pathology, psychology, audiology and a focus on preventative health clinics. In addition, there are nurses’ areas, procedural room, telehealth room and a very welcoming waiting area for patients.
Both owners are experienced procedural GPs (obstetrics, anaesthetics, surgery) whose other practice in nearby Collie was recognized as RACGP National General Practice of the Year in 2015/2016 and WAGPET Training Practice of the Year in 2014.
- Southern Forests Medical Centre is AGPAL accredited and a WAGPET teaching practice.
- Already established a large local patient base so any new doctor should be busy very quickly with a great variety of presentations.
- Strong nurse presence in the practice to assist with patient care and experienced administrative staff.
- 60-65% of mixed billings (depending on experience) for in-room.
- Emergency experience is desirable to encourage participation in on-call roster at the new $45 million Warren District Hospital (SIHI/CHI available through WACHS – can mean an additional $100K-$150K a year).
- % of hospital billings will be negotiated (higher than at the rooms).
- Total income is generally between $30K-$45K a month for Mon-Fri consulting, participation with on-call roster and SIHI incentive payments.
- Shire of Manjimup offers fully furnished accommodation for rent near the hospital. This was purpose built for doctors.
- Prepared to be flexible with consulting hours and a drive in/drive out arrangement (2 weeks on, 1 week off) would be considered.
- Fantastic opportunity to work in a beautiful part of WA.
All enquires through our practice manager, Carolyn Daws at firstname.lastname@example.org.
District of Workforce Shortage/MMM5/RA3
About Southern Forests Medical Centre
VR GP to join a mixed billing, busy rural practice in the heart of the South West. Excellent remuneration, supportive, experienced procedural GPs, location is near wineries, truffles and forest.